The Nitschke Group acknowledges that we have a clear responsibility towards our host communities and we are committed to being a good neighbour.
To fulfil this commitment, the Nitschke Group will:
- Recognise that each community is unique
- Welcome open and honest dialogue with all groups affected by our activities
- Listen to community needs and expectations and respond to them in a timely and respectful manner
- Respect the traditional rights of indigenous peoples
- Contribute to the economic well-being of host communities through the employment and training of local residents and support of local businesses
- Safeguard and, where possible, enhance their social well-being
- Ensure that our activities are compliant with local laws and regulations
- Realise that values, standards and practices of some communities are different to ours and work within those of the community where possible
- Treat any complaint from local residents, businesses or community groups as a complaint from our customer, because we know that our performance and presentation on-site is a reflection of our customer.
You can download a copy of our policy here.